Postdoctoral Fellowship in Research, Development and Innovation
International Medical University Institute For Research, Development and Innovation

The Institute for Research, Development and Innovation (IRDI), International Medical University (IMU) is offering fellowships to postdoctoral scientists who propose to work on highly innovative research projects that challenge the traditional paradigms in the following research areas:

  • Cancer (particularly pancreatic cancer)
  • Diabetes and Obesity
  • Infectious Diseases
  • Healthcare Analytics

We offer a stimulating interdisciplinary research environment where you will work in close collaboration with researchers, healthcare professionals or policy makers.

The Fellowship Review Committee will consider each of the following criteria, with a strong emphasis on the innovation of the project, in evaluating the potential candidates.

  1. Innovation: The originality of the project and the level to which the project challenges existing paradigms and presents innovative hypotheses to the above mentioned research areas.
  1. Significance: The direct relevance of the research proposal to issues regarding the above mentioned research areas and the importance of the project’s outcomes that drive the research areas.
  1. Approach: The conceptual framework and reasoning around the design, methods and analyses proposed and their appropriateness to the aims of the project. The identification of potential problem areas in the approach proposed, and the consideration of alternative approaches.
  1. Investigators: The qualifications, experience, and productivity of the candidate and the potential principal investigator. The appropriateness of the project proposed to the experience of the principal investigator and if applicable, collaborative investigators.


  • Candidates must have completed one or more of the following degrees or its equivalent: MD, PhD, MD/PhD, DDS or DVM. For foreign-trained physicians, equivalency will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
  • Candidates who have already accepted other postdoctoral research fellowship awards are not eligible.
  • The proposed investigation must be conducted at IMU or collaborating research institutions.

Terms of the Award

The Institute is awarding a two-year fellowship with a total annual stipend of RM78,000 – RM96,000. The candidate is also eligible to apply a one-time internal research grant of RM 40,000.

The research grant is intended for a full-time research proposal. The candidate must devote his/her principal time and effort (at least 80 percent) to support research activities. Activities constituting the remaining 20 percent of time and effort should be clearly specified in the application and in the annual progress report. Fellows are not permitted to pursue additional degrees during the course of their fellowship. Should the Fellow and/or Sponsor wish to discontinue the project, leave the Institution or modify any aspect of the award, he or she must seek approval from IRDI in advance. Failure to comply with this requirement may result in financial consequences.

The invention policy of the IRDI requests adherence by the Fellows to the established patent policy of the Institution for any discovery made that was funded in any part by the fellowship.

How to Apply

You must have a valid email address to apply. There is a two-step application process for the Postdoctoral Fellowship. The first step in the application process is to submit a brief description of the proposed research (600-word-or-less summary), a comprehensive curriculum vitae (CV) and two (2) letters of reference. The research proposal and CV should be e-mailed directly to the Professor Chee-Onn Leong. The reference letters should be submitted by the referees directly to Professor Chee-Onn Leong. Shortlisted candidates may be called for an interview and to present their research proposal to the Fellowship Review Committee.

Application Deadline
31 May 2020

If you apply for this position please say you saw it on Medicinoxy


All Jobs


Harvard University Academic Positions

Kuwait University Current Faculty Openings

Osaka University Academic Opportunities

Purdue University Job Postings for Faculty Positions

Texas Tech University Faculty Openings

Tsinghua University Job Postings

University of Cambridge Job Openings

University of Geneva Faculty Opportunities

University of New South Wales Job Openings

University of Nottingham Research Positions

University of Oslo Academic Jobs

University of Saskatchewan Faculty Positions

University of Southampton Research Vacancies

University of Tokyo Current Academic Vacancies

University of Toronto Open Faculty Positions