Project Scientist in Biomedical Engineering
University of California Irvine Henry Samueli School of Engineering
United States

Project Scientist - Chesler Lab

Job #JPF06572
  • Henry Samueli School of Engineering - Biomedical Engineering

Recruitment Period

Open date: February 2nd, 2021

Next review date: Thursday, Apr 1, 2021 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Apply by this date to ensure full consideration by the committee.

Final date: Monday, May 31, 2021 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.

Position description

The UCI Department of Biomedical Engineering (BME) in the Henry Samueli School of Engineering is currently accepting applications for a Project Scientist in the laboratory of Professor Naomi Chesler (currently described at http://vtb.engr.wisc.edu). The laboratory is located within the Edwards Lifesciences Center for Advanced Cardiovascular Technology within the Henry Samueli School of Engineering. The position is funded by multiple extramural grants addressing topics related cardiopulmonary mechanobiology and biomechanics, especially right ventricular and pulmonary vascular structure and function. Approximately 60% of the time will be spent designing and implementing high-level original research experiments, assisting in the creation of new grant applications, and writing original manuscripts. The remaining 40% of their time will be devoted to the organization and management of the lab, which will include participation in the daily activities of the lab including maintenance of equipment, and mentoring and training of other researchers (e.g., graduate students and post-doctoral fellows) in the scientific method, experimental design, oral and written communication, as well as specific experimental techniques. The initial appointment will be full-time, for a 12-month period.

Requirements: A PhD in biomedical engineering, physiology or related field, a broad range of skills in mechanical or biological experimental techniques, excellent interpersonal and organization skills, and strong communication (oral and written) skills are required.

Salary is commensurate with qualifications and years of experience.
Minimum starting salary at $81,500 a year.

Application Procedure: Applicants will need to upload a curriculum vitae, name/addresses of at least two references and cover letter outlining their interest to our online RECRUIT system at https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/apply/JPF06572

Screening will begin on April 1 and will continue until position is filled.

The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence through diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.

More information about this recruitment: https://engineering.uci.edu/dept/bme

Application Requirements

Document requirements
  • Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
  • Cover Letter - Outline interests.
  • Misc / Additional (Optional)
Reference requirements
  • 2-3 required (contact information only)
Job location
  • Irvine, CA
 


If you apply for this position please say you saw it on Medicinoxy

Apply

All Jobs

FACEBOOK
TWITTER
LINKEDIN

Harvard University Academic Positions

Osaka University Academic Opportunities

Purdue University Job Postings for Faculty Positions

Texas Tech University Faculty Openings

Tsinghua University Job Postings

University of Cambridge Job Openings

University of Geneva Faculty Opportunities

University of Hamburg Academic Positions

University of New South Wales Job Openings

University of Nottingham Research Positions

University of Oslo Academic Jobs

University of Saskatchewan Faculty Positions

University of Southampton Research Vacancies

University of Tokyo Current Academic Vacancies

University of Toronto Open Faculty Positions